- The Government of Panama, by Cabinet Resolution No.18 of April 2, 2020, expanded the National Declaration of Emergency increasing extraordinary procurement from US$50 million to nearly US$428 million, to reinforce the fight against COVID-19 and allow social assistance as per the Protégete Panama Plan.
- The Ministry of Health authorized all doctors (public and private) to prescribe antibiotics and controlled medicines through technological means (online), allowing public and private pharmacies to dispatch such medicines.
- The validity for Residence Permits for foreigners has been extended until April 30, 2020, including Pending Permits, Provisional, Immigration Regularization and Non-Resident Visas.
- All offices of the National Migration Service will be closed, and terms of all processes and actions are suspended until April 30.
- Temporary schedules are set for selective public transportation (taxis), according with the last digit of the car’s license plate, as follows:
- Uber announced temporary suspension of its operations in Panamá due to COVID-19 crisis.
Our Arias Panama task force will be monitoring all the actions and possible legal implications ordered by the Panamanian Government during this global sanitary crisis.
For any questions please contact us at Siaska.Lorenzo@Ariaslaw.com
Task Force Arias Panamá