Jorge joined the firm in 2010. His practice focuses on the areas of corporate, civil, commercial, notarial, real estate and administrative law, advising important companies, both national and multinational.
He has participated in acquisitions and due diligence processes of national and international companies and has extensive experience in the incorporation, modification, merger and liquidation of companies. Likewise, he has carried out major projects of voluntary proceedings in the country.
In addition, on behalf of the firm, served for one year as an in-house legal advisor in the division of Guatemala of an important multinational company, focusing on the corporate area in general in the hydrocarbons sector.
He previously held internship positions in the following public institutions:
- Municipality of Santa Catarina Pinula, department of Guatemala (Civil Registry, Neighborhoods, and Marriages -extinct entity-).
- General Mercantile Registry of the Republic.
- Judicial Body of Guatemala (Second Court of First Instance Criminal, Drug Trafficking and Crimes against the Environment).
- Constitutional Court.
- Office of the Attorney General of the Nation (Criminal Unit of the Office for Childhood and Adolescence Prosecutor).
- Law degree and degrees in attorney and public notary from Universidad del Istmo.
- Obtained a Diploma on the Guatemalan General Property Registry from the Guatemalan Bar Association and Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala.
- Member of the Guatemalan Bar Association.
- Analysis of the Central American Mortgage and the practical aspects related to the formalization of the public instrument that contains it in the Republic of Guatemala. Thesis elaborated to obtain prepared to obtain the Law degree and professional titles of Attorney and Public Notary (2016).