Florencio joined the firm's Corporate & Transactional department in 2016. He has focused his practice mainly on corporate -transactional advice to companies in regulated industries, such as Mining, Telecommunications, and Energy. In addition, during his stay at the firm he has actively participated in due diligence for the acquisition and financing of various projects, as well as in the structuring of guarantees.
Florencio also has experience in issues of foreign investment, mergers and acquisitions, incorporation of different types of companies and of foreign branches, registration of satellite facilities, data privacy, drafting of both typical and atypical contracts, and other related matters.
Before joining the firm, he worked as a legal intern in the National Electric Power Commission (CNEE) of Guatemala. He was also a legal intern at the Early Institute of Mexico, where he conducted legal analyses of public policies and legal initiatives presented at the Mexican Congress and Senate. From his early years at the University Florencio became actively involved in university teaching and in the organization of different academic activities. He is currently Adjunct Professor of World and Guatemalan History at Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala.
- Law Degree, Magna Cum Laude, from Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public, from Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala.
- Postgraduate studies in International Transactions, from Universidad del Istmo de Guatemala.
- Program in International Commercial Law and Dispute Resolution, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center and of Zagreb, in cooperation with the United Nations Commission for International Trade Law (UNCITRAL).
- Diploma course in Alternative Methods of Dispute Resolution, Chamber of Commerce of Guatemala.
- Guatemala Bar Association.
- Institute for Transnational Arbitration (Young ITA Member).
- Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) Young & International.
- Young ICSID Member.
- Mechanisms for the promotion and protection of direct foreign investment in Guatemalan legislation, thesis prepared to obtain the Law degree, and the academic degrees of Attorney and Notary Public. Nominated for the Salvador Aguado-Andreut Prize that is awarded to students who have distinguished themselves by excellence and rigor in the development of the thesis work, and for the property and elegance in the writing of this (2018).
His role in the community
- President of the Law Students Association of Universidad Francisco Marroquin, Guatemala (2014-2015) and member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of the Faculty of Law of the same University (2012-2014).
- Blackstone Fellow, Alliance Defending Freedom, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America (2014).