Valeria is an associate of the Intellectual Property Department. She began her professional career focusing her practice on litigation, including judicial debt collection, civil and criminal law. Since 2013 she focused her work on Intellectual Property and Data Privacy.
Now, Valeria manages trademarks portfolios’ for big multinational companies and international law firms. She oversees the trademark registration process as well as the corresponding trademark monitoring, to keep client´s rights safeguarded.
Her expertise also includes personal data protection and she has provided counsel to different local and multinational companies on database identification and registration. Our clients recognized her for her ability to solve complex problems relating to the industrial and intellectual property area
Also, Valeria is well known for advising clients on the drafting of non-disclosure agreements, non-competition, intellectual property agreements, and intangible asset protection policies.
Valeria´s clients are multinational in the areas of pharmaceutical, technology, food industry, fashion industry, beauty industry, arts, family groups among others.
- Law degree from Universidad de Costa Rica with the thesis "Unfair Competition by the use of registered trademarks in Costa Rican legislation” which was granted with honors.
- Currently she is pursuing a specialization in Notary Law from the Universidad de La Salle
- Global Privacy Enforcement Report (2015).
- Costa Rican Bar Association.
- International Trademark Association (INTA).