Arias promotes equal opportunities for men and women within the firm, in which recruitment, appointments and professional growth are based on individual merits above any other reason. At Arias, over 50% of the lawyers in the region are women.
- 49% of our partners are women
- 51% of our associates are women
- 65% of our management team are women
Adding to this, the firm also supports several regional initiatives that promote diversity and support for women in vulnerable situations. In Nicaragua, our lawyers are part of the Entrepreneurs Women Network of Nicaragua (REN according to its acronym in Spanish) and they work actively to strengthen the growth, management and business dynamics for women and their personal and collective leadership, among others.
The commitment of Arias to diversity has been reflected in recent years by several international awards received:
- Best Law Firm in Central America and Panama in the "Women in Business Law Awards" by Euromoney, from 2012 to date.
- 18 of our lawyers were nominated in 2015 for the Chambers diversity Awards.
- Lilian Arias, Partner in El Salvador was named Lawyer of the Year in the category of Community Leadership by Chambers Diversity.